Wishe Niche

Wishe Niche
How did you make that?

Monday, December 5, 2011

Dear Gramma I am fine how are you?

I grab the mail and notice the distinct penmanship of my 8 year old granddaughter, I smile and put it on the table to read later, not with the hurriedness of bills and junk mail but with pure joy.
It is hand written and sent via snail mail. I did not know handwritten was an amazing feat but I learned they do not teach cursive in grade school anymore. The girls are home schooled so they will learn what they are mandated too learn and also the things their mama finds important. Writing and pen pals are important.
I learn many things in these letters, this one was sent over the holiday season. What makes it so innocent is that this is not a wish list of gimme's. I like stringing popcorn, do you like stringing popcorn? What would you like for Christmas?
I also learn about my son as a child and my son as a father. He watches the Christmas specials with his girls , the same way we watched them when he was a boy- tradition continues.
In the Grinch Dad knows every song, in Rudolf Dad knows all the songs and all the words!
So 34 years of watching Rudolf and Dad knows all the words.... I bet Addie will as well

No comments:

Post a Comment