Wishe Niche

Wishe Niche
How did you make that?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Polish Golumpki ( stuffed cabbage rolls)

I learned how to make these from my neighbor in Cherry Creek , Mrs Dybka. At 17 I moved to a farm on a dead end dirt road with my less than one year old daughter Jennifer. It was there I learned the most about cooking and gardening as well as the other things that are important to me know.
Polish Golumpki ( stuffed cabbage rolls)
2 c. cooked rice ( I use brown but white would do as well)
2 pounds raw ground beef
1/4 c. diced, minced onion
¼ cup diced green pepper
1 can diced or whole tomatoes squished
1 can plain tomato sauce (I use a quart of home canned tomato sauce)
1 head of green cabbage (cored) Bring a large pot (make sure the whole head of cabbage fits in) to a boil drop the head of cabbage in and boil till leaves start to separate. Remove from pot and chill in cold water.
Mix rice, ground beef, pepper, onion and diced tomatoes together, add salt and pepper as desired. I add the rice last sometimes it is too much for my taste.
Take a 9x13 pan and pour ½ the can of sauce in the bottom, fill the can to the top then with water and stir with the remaining sauce Taking one leaf at a time put some of the rice and beef mixture into the center of the leaf, leaving room to fold it, fold the bottom up, then the two sides then the top and place seam side down in your prepared baking pan .
When pan is full of rolls pour remaining water/sauce mixture over the top, place aluminum foil over pan and bake at 350 for about an hour. Cieszyć się

No comments:

Post a Comment